Saturday, June 12, 2010

Phase One Complete

Those of you who follow me on Twitter or know me personally may have already heard that I decided to resign my position as Lead Designer at Raven Software this past Tuesday, June 8. This wasn't an easy decision, but a necessary one for me. I'm really thankful and grateful for all the opportunities Raven has given me the past five years. They've let me spread my wings and grow as an individual and help play a key role in developing games. I cannot explain how much I've loved working here the past five years.

My decision to leave is my own and it's based off of personal needs, not any anger or animosity towards anyone at Raven or Activision. I have not decided where I am going yet - I am still in the process of evaluating offers and interviewing at studios. As soon as I've made a final decision, I will let everyone know.

Thanks so much for the support and look for an announcement (hopefully) soon!

6 comments:

  1. Best Wishes, Manveer! I know you'll be great no matter where you end up. We, in WI, will be sad to see you go, but I'm looking forward to many more dynamic speeches from you in the future! (^^.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you. Will you be around for the IGDA meeting on the 29th? I've been trying to find out where it is being held and have had no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're having it at Raven - details should go up this week.

    ReplyDelete