Friday, May 2, 2008

A PC Heretic

Re-reading my last post about whether or not I'm a PC Gamer, I realized I didn't clarify what I currently am. Just as there are Sony fanboys, Nintendo fanboys, and Microsoft fanboys, I was a PC fanboy. I had an elitist sense about me. PC games were better. Consoles were for idiots who couldn't handle real games. N'Gai Croal's reference to me as a heretic (tongue-in-cheek as it may have been) makes me want to make sure I clarify my position.

I am not now a console gamer. I am not a PC gamer. I am just a gamer. I hold no allegiance to platform. I usually end up buying 360 games over the PS3 version, but that's because of Xbox Live and they usually have less performance issues. Not because I think 360 is amazing and PS3 sucks. The same goes for the PC as a platform. I will continue to buy PC games when it is the best option. RTS games are a great example. I will continue to upgrade my computer. I love playing with hardware - it's geeky fun. It's costly, that's to be sure, but as people tweak their cars, I tweak my computer.

So, I don't consider myself a heretic. Rather, I consider myself enlightened. I now make the best gaming choice, rather than the blind choice. I cannot foresee me ever forsaking the PC. I also cannot foresee me having such blind loyalty to PC games either. Consoles have come too far to overcome many of the weaknesses that used to be the reasons I gravitated towards PC games.

Or maybe N'Gai is right and I am a damn heretic...

1 comment:

  1. Typically the Bundesliga promises a considerable amount of action the year 2010, with 3 teams very effective at competing for ones prize. Germany's effective showing from the 2006 Environment Cup helped improve the league in your eyes associated with spectators, and it have become further competitive hence.